Friday, February 22, 2008

Public Forum on Press Freedom: Hi, I Am Xiaxue.

(Disclaimer: The following content was fabricated by a deluded RJ girl at 12am)

Hi my real name is Wendy Cheng, but better known as Xiaxue, Singapore’s most popular blogger! I like pink, sex, and my cutesy angmor boyfriend.

1. I am very sorry but I cannot comment on the issue of press freedom. Later I say something wrong, then they shut me down. Who shut me down? The gahmen will shut my blog down, so cannot cannot cannot say anything, my lips are sealed.

2. Actually horh, my opinion is: Everyone should be allowed to do what they want to, and no one should curb those rights!
Everyone is entitled to his/her personal freedoms, Freedom of expression is especially important;

3. Why do we need censorship anyway? Is it necessary?

4. It it’s an issue of being offended…
- No one is forcing you to do what you don’t want to do: If you don’t like it, don’t read/watch/listen to it!
- Don’t complain about the media/my blog à If got nasty things, then JUST DON’T WATCH/READ LAH.

5. If it’s an issue of protection, I think it’s all Chicken Ba-Ba.
- If you don’t want your children to see/hear it, then don’t let them!
- But if they find out anyway, just as well! They cannot always look out on the world through rose-tinted lenses (btw I like pink)
- They should grow up and be exposed
- Besides, if they end up being continually exposed to such media, it means that want to be = they enjoy such things = let them do what they want to (let them have FUN)

6. Censorship is a personal choice
- People have the power of choice
- They can make their own decisions as to what they want to absorb.
- They are responsible enough to know what they can watch/read/listen to.

7. Criticizing people is a different matter
- Being offended is a choice: you choose whether you are offended or not
- So don’t take offense lor!
- AND DON’T OFFEND ME, THE GREATEST BLOGGER EVER.
* Don’t call me short, don’t call me fat. I MAY BE BOTH, BUT DON’T NEED TO TELL ME AGAIN AND AGAIN!
* I am not Ah-lian, I am not bimbotic, I am not a slut and I am not stupid: I got a damn high PSLE Aggregate kthxbye.


Done By: Abigail Ho, Ewen Chong, Goh Ying Ying, Jonathan Neo, Toh Xue Qian
[09S07A]

No comments: